Morgan Freeman was born on June 1, 1937 in Memphis, Tennessee. He has had an extensive stage acting career, including in Hello Dolly! and Driving Miss Daisy. He first appeared on TV in the children’s program The Electric Company. His film career took off when he played a merciless hoodlum in Street Smart. He starred in the film version of Driving Miss Daisy and the Civil War drama Glory. A few of his many notable roles include a retired gunman in The Unforgiven, an inmate in The Shawshank Redemption, and God in Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty. He was a boxing trainer in Million Dollar Baby. He played Lucius Fox in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. He portrayed Nelson Mandela in Invictus. His current role is in The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.
William James Dafoe was born July 22, 1955 in Appleton, Wisconsin. He studied acting at the University of Wisconsin, and worked for the theater companies Theater X and the Wooster Group. His film debut was in Heaven’s Gate, and he gained acclaim in To Live and Die in L.A. His best known role was as Sgt. Elias Grodin in Platoon. He played Jesus in The Last Temptation of Christ, was an FBI agent in Mississippi Burning, and co-starred in the spy thriller Clear and Present Danger. He played the Green Goblin in Spider-Man (and sequels), was an elite assassin in John Wick and a motel manager in The Florida Project. He did voice-over roles in Finding Nemo and Finding Dory. Dafoe has portrayed real life figures including T.S. Eliot in Tom & Viv, Pier Paolo Pasolini in Pasolini and, currently, Vincent Van Gogh in At Eternity’s Gate.
PLAY THE TRIVIA GAME
1. Tom Hardy is the second actor to play Venom on the big screen. Who was the first?
2. Who was the author of the book The Hate U Give is based upon?
3. Prior to Serenity, what film did Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway collaborate in?
4. Which book is First Man based upon?
1. The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is a feature adaptation of The Nutcracker and the Mouse King by what author?
2. In what year did Queen’s hit song Bohemian Rhapsody release?
3. How many years after the events of Wreck-It Ralph does Ralph Breaks The Internet take place?
4. What year did The Grinch make his first appearance in The Hoobub And The Grinch?
DID YOU KNOW...
26 years after his iconic headbanging performance to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne’s World, Mike Myers cameos in the film of the same name.
DID YOU KNOW...
110 years ago, Robin Hood and His Merry Men, a silent film directed by Percy Stow, marked the first appearance of Robin Hood on the screen.
1. E.T.A. Hoffmann 2. 1975 3. 6 4. 1955